Monday, March 5, 2012

Uncharacteristic




                                                                  
It was totally not me, it was not something I would do, it was out of character and way out of my comfort zone....because...I DO NOT LIKE TO BE COLD.  The temperature had dropped 20 degrees yesterday to 64 degrees, but it was that 28 mph wind with gusts to 35 that made it so cold.  It was all part of that wicked storm system that passed over the midwest. The sun was out-no problemo there, but that wind...woowie!!  At 3:30 we decided to go down by the pool in a sheltered area to pick up some rays and the topic of swimming came up.  As you know, swimming is our "thing."  The water was warm enough-but I knew getting out I would be freezing and I detest being cold.   So I thought and thought and decided to go with it because Donaldo already had his suit on.  I went and changed and jumped in. It was warm enough as long as you kept your head and the rest of your body in the water.  I swam my laps....took a huge breath and jumped out and grabbed my towel and ran (as fast as you can when you are soaking wet) and into a warm shower.  I did it!  I felt so good afterward. 

2 comments:

Carol said...

Love that feeling of swimming when it's cold but hate the getting out and then once you warm up it feels sooo good!! Glad you are enjoying yourself. Missing you.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Good for you two!!!!!
Brave is what you are!
Enjoy it while you can, it's even nippier here!