Monday, March 26, 2012

Doins and Fixins

I sure hope the singing songbirds don't freeze their little tushies off tonight as it heads down into the 20's.  I brought my pansies in the garage just in case-they looked a little droopy. 
The Windy City relatives are still here and with the weather change we had to think of some things to do today. 
We started off the day with waffles and fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Yummy and a nice change. 
Papa took the boys to the IMAX and The Henry Ford to see Nascars which they really loved.
The girls did some counted cross stitch which they really loved and they painted some t-shirts with puff paints.  That was fun and they were very careful not to be too messy. 
A word on the crock pot dessert from the other night; it did not taste good. Cavman and I were the only ones who ate it and that was with ice cream.  It was kind of bitter and not sweet enough and was over-cooked.  So that was a disappointment.  I am glad I tried it before I took it to small group to serve to others.
For my sister-I got the book at Magnolia Plantation in Georgia where they sell lots of pecans, peach jam and lots of other things to. It won't stop me from trying another dessert; I might sweeten it up a bit more than the recipe calls for. 
Tonight we are watching DWTS (some of us) and Hockey and always, video games for the boys.  The girls are pretty happy doing most anything.
                             
Some little person didn't want strawberries ON the waffles; that's okay

Masters at video games, I found them in this corner hooked up to the "juice" so they could keep playing

Glad Auntie could show me how to do this, because Mimi doesn't know how

This is really fun

Quite the "spring' look to these t-shirts

Lots of pastel colors; this was quite a fun project

I thought they both turned out cute.  They will wear them for sleep shirts.

Even Daisy Dog is making herself at home.
                                                                                          

2 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

It looks like all are having a splendiferous time!!!

Kathy said...

Fun, fun, fun. Cool shirts!!