Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Remembering........

"You never forget the day that tragedy strikes and you lose a loved one while your own life was spared. My eyes are on eternity!
Romans 5:2-4
Through him (Lord Jesus) we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope."

This was written by my daughter
Kristen Baker today on facebook on the 20th anniversary of the accident that killed her 13 year old cousin Paul. I am so glad God spared your life that day Kristen, and that your eyes are on eternity.   That day changed my focus heavenward.
My sister asked that those who wanted to remember Paul in a special way to let go of balloons in the air.  I also buy white roses sometimes and get out the special Precious Moments figurine called "Going Home."  Paul lives on in Heaven and in our hearts and his presence is still felt among us. 






3 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful way of remembering.

Karin said...

I love that idea of remembering! So beautiful!

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Praying for you on the day that has marked your family. Glory Hallelujah, you will meet again!