Saturday, March 10, 2012

Half Way

                                 
There is something about going home that makes you want to get there in a hurry.  We took two-and-a-half days to go to Florida but we drove today until we got to Chattanooga Tennessee which gives us one more day of driving.  We left this morning at 7:13 a.m which is the same time we left last year.  How do I know?  I keep a diary of the times, weather, cities, exits, and hotels while we drive.  It comes in handy sometimes as we looked for a Starbucks today that we went to last year. We are also staying at the same hotel as last year. It gives me something to do when we drive.  Sometimes I draw little pictures; today it was interesting signs. 
Alas, it is a bad night to lose an hour of sleep; but we plan to get up early and get going.  The south was pretty warm today as we drove and we saw some blooming trees and lots of Red Bud; my favorite tree.  Well, I do love Dogwoods; it is probably tied for first placee with Red Bud. 
We had one little almost near miss accident that could have been really bad, but God was watching over us; and we are so thankful.
It was really hard to leave the ocean and the beautiful weather, and I miss the pool already.  But by Tuesday morning, we will be ready for the Rec. Center.  Right now, I can just see the highway and cars as I close my eyes, but a little reading should take care of that.  God willing we will be home late tomorrow afternoon.