Friday, March 9, 2012

Saying Goodbye.......

is so hard.  I will miss it all; the sun, the sand, the pool, the view, the boats on the inter coastal, the library, the walks on the beach, the sunrises and sunsets, and our favorite restaurants.  I will miss all the different birds and ducks and the little Geckos the scamper across the sidewalk. I will miss the flowers and funny birds especially the gray Heron.  It has been summer down here this week with more to follow. 
Yesterday, we spent every minute we could outside and when I did come in I packed a few things. 
We walked on the beach yesterday, read by the pool, swam several times, went to our 2nd favorite restaurant; PJ's and had stone crab which I have grown to love.  We came back and watched the sunset; it was beautiful.  We talked about what we were going to miss and how we might stay longer next year.  Today will be more of the same...as I finish packing in between sitting outside.  We will go to our favorite restaurant, Salt Rock Grill.  The weather, of course is supposed to be beautiful all weekend and next week, which makes it harder to leave; but all vacations end at some point and I am thankful that we are able to come. 

Love the little Geckos that sun themselves and scamper away as you walk by

My buddy likes to drink out of the pool.  Water all around, but no he likes the pool

Oh, Yum...will have to download my picture of the actual crabs-a whole pound of them 

Stone Crab

Waiting in anticipation
Last night on the beach waiting for the sun to set

I found this little beauty while I was waiting

I found some little scallops

Donaldo was the picture taking man last night

                          

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I know the feeling. Love the awesome little shell!

Karin said...

Would love to stroll the beach - it's gorgeous!