Friday, March 16, 2012

Books Read

I have to admit that I read some purely "escape" books this year in Florida-most of them I am a little hesitant to write down-mainly because I don't want others to know that I read them.  I read 2 Danielle Steel books-two of which I didn't write down.  I like Debbie Mcomber, especially her knitting shop series.  I always write down the books I read and this year, for some reason, I didn't. 

 Last year I read THE POST MISTRESS by Sara Blake and MAJOR PETTIGRES LAST STAND by Helen Simonson-it takes place in England and both were good.  Two years ago I read: SAVING CEECEE HONEYCUTT by Betty Hoffman and SMART WOMEN, and SUMMER SISTERS by Judy Blume (um a little hesitant to mention these too).  In 2009, I read THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF GEORGE MULLER, and RADICAL RELIANCE by JOSEPH STOWEL (need to read that one again). 

 Last year I also read Beth Chapman's book CHOOSING TO SEE which was about the death of her daughter. One other good fiction book I read was THE FORGOTTEN GARDEN b Kare Morton. Also read HOTEL ON THE CORNER OB BITTER AND SWEET by Jamie Ford which was very good. I've read THE HELP twice.

Everyday I read a devotional from JESUS CALLING: SEEKING PEACE IN HIS PRESENCE by Sarah Young; I LOVE this book!  I also read DAILY LIGHT combined verses by Anne Graham Lotz.   I am reading several books right now- I always do that.  I never read just one. I am almost done with BREAKING THROUGH DEPRESSION by Donald P. Hall-I highly recommend this book if you need help or know someone who does. I am almost done with LESSONS I LEARNED IN THE DARK by Jennifer Rothschild and I finished ONE THOUSAND GIFTS; A DARE TO LIVE FULLY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE by Ann Voscamp.  I read this on our cruise and highly recommend it. 

I jump the gambit from fiction, to auto-biography-to self-help books.  I like good fiction and Christian fiction and biographies, and Christian inspirational books.  I feel uneasy when I read "purely escape" non-Christian fiction, because there are so many books that are better to read, but sometimes that is what I feel like reading.  I am not a lover of crime and mystery books although I do read a few if they aren't too gory.  I do read John Grisham sometimes. 

I have many books on Heaven and End Times on my Kindle and I read a couple of chapters in those; I really need to finish quite a few books.  I'd better get started NOW.  Who feels like cleaning the house and doing chores anyway??  

I collect books, both on my Kindle and "real" books; I will never finish them all unless I make it a priority and even then...I might be cutting it close; you never know when you are my age :)

3 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks for sharing your books. You're not alone in having many unfinished books. Me too! By the way, Keith got me a kindle. :)

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I am reading The Post Mistress right now. Abby got it and did not finish so she passed on to me. The jury is still out.

I have not read a truly captivating book since The Help. I loved that one, I hear she is working on another.

I need to find some good ones for Florida, I get a LOT of reading done on vacation.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

PS Thank you, I wrote down some of your titles!