Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hope

I didn't make any New Year's resolutions this year like I normally do, but I picked a word for the whole year; the word is HOPE.  I have felt the loss of hope in the previous year; the hope that I would feel better or feel myself again.  That is why I chose the word HOPE for this year, because as a Christian we should never lose HOPE.  I was reading my new Sarah Young book "Jesus Today," this morning and she talks about HOPE. She says
"Put your hope in Me, and My unfailing love will rest upon you.  Some of my children have forgotten how to hope.  They have been disappointed so many times that they don't want to risk being let down again.  So they forge ahead stoically-living mechanically.  Other people put their hope in problem solving, medical treatments, the stock market, the lottery, and so on.  But I challenge you to place your HOPE fully in Me....Remember that I am with you continually, and I, Myself, am your HOPE.
That is my challenge for this year to always have HOPE.  "We have the HOPE of eternal life...promised before the beginning of time." Titus 1:2

May you have a Happy New Year and wait in HOPE for the Lord.

1 comment:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Hope is a kiss on the cheek from a really good God!