Tuesday, January 29, 2013

This Thing

This thing, an iPAD is very deceiving. In the store they make it look so easy; just touch this and this comes up. Over and over again they show you the wonders of the magic tablet. Oh, but I wasn't fooled, I KNEW it would be harder for me than it looked. But Donaldo looked so eager and later he said he was proud of me for buying it and willing to use it. Ha! He used it the rest of the week. I am scared of it, but determined to use it. So we took it to Chicago with us and the kids were so excited to SHOW me how to use it. Again it was a repeat of the Apple Store. Somehow, they knew all the right things to do. They ended up playing games on it and putting together sports cars. You can even put a keyboard on it and play the piano. It takes pictures and videos. Oh the many wonderful, wonderful things it can do! Dr. Seuss would never believe it.
Now that I have written my first blog on it, I feel quite accomplished. I think I will sign up for one of the classes at the Apple Store. And I need my friend Capri K tell me which word games she plays. I hope all this technology keeps our minds healthy and prevents dementia. I do have to say the keyboard is very touchy, as in, sensitive. One slight touch of the wrong key and BAM! Who knows where you will end up! I'd better quit while I'm ahead. We say goodbye.

1 comment:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I know what you mean by one wrong touch and who knows where you end up!!! I am getting better after fiddling with it.

I have never blobbed on it, you are one up on me!!