Saturday, January 19, 2013

Recap

Yep, I fell right off the Blogosphere Radar this week.  So I am here to tell you that I am alive and well and kind of behind things, so to speak.  That ole Pinterest has me hooked and hooked good.  So I spend a lot of time (more than I should probably) checking things out.  It is kind of like shopping without spending any money.  Free recipes, free pictures, free advice and organization ideas are some of my favorites.  Other than that I have been trying to keep warm.  I DO NOT LIKE the cold.  I am a wimp of the first order-I am the president of the wimp club when it comes to going outside.  I am sorry to whine and happy that Florida is four weeks away.  I am counting the days.
Speaking of counting the days, Megs was counting the days on her calendar until we went down there with Karen and Company.  And then....all the kids got the flu.  So here we sit in Michigan and there they lay around in Chicago coughing and aching and their poor mom is not only their homeschool teacher but she is now a nurse.  We are hoping she doesn't get sick.  The kids are all disappointed and I understand Riles cried and cried.  Oh, the little disappointments in life.  We will wait 2 weeks and hope everyone is well then.  We still have CHRISTMAS PRESENTS to exchange.  
We got a new Toshiba computer and Don is enjoying it.  I haven't tried it out yet...I am afraid of it.  I am still thinking about the Ipad.  I have trouble with new technology and it sort of floats around in my brain until I finally get it.
I have been doing some scrapbooking and I am enjoying that.  It's inside and nice and warm and I use my sun lamp trying to keep things bright and happy.  
That's about it; stay warm and cozy!

4 comments:

Dottie said...

Hi Marlene, I also got a new laptop. I had to talk myself into the new technology after all the consumer direction is going to tablets so I relented and got Windows 8 touch screen and I am still thinking about a tablet. I have looked at a couple different ones. BUT I draw the line on a smart phone. I will not upgrade until no one will support my dumb phone and I refuse to text. If you need my attention you must call me. Mike texts because of the grandkids but I am a holdout.
Sorry about the sick grandkids. I caught a cold on December 29th and it stayed with my for 8 LONG days. Lots of ladies at BSF are out sick.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Well, that was a nice recap!
So sorry about the postponed trip, I know that is hard for the little ones to swallow.
Good luck with the new computer, just DIVE IN!
I am really liking the iPad but haven't done too much with it. I sure like playing Words With Friends in the family room though!

Kristen said...

Pinterest- no more "pinning" until you've tried out a few of your "pins" ! :-) who's trying out all those recipes? You or the chef?

Unknown said...

True! You are so right. I think we have only tried 2 or 3. And WHO is going to sew and make all those crafts? Ha!