Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What To Do When It Gets Cold

We have been experiencing some chilly, windy days and nights as I am sure many others are.  The winds on Saturday night had some BAD gusts.  Things were knocking around all over the place.  This is NOT my favorite time of the year or my favorite weather. This year in particular has been hard for me to cope with.  I DO NOT want to go out so this is what I have done instead: 
(Before you say it out loud-I know I am a wimp)!  I remember all those years I had to go to BSF in a skirt and I know the leaders don't have to wear them now, but there is no way you could ever get me to go out in a skirt again in the winter.  So I:

*Stay home whenever I can
*We finally finished seven seasons of West Wing and loved it.
*I have been putting pictures in photo albums (over 700 pictures so far). I am still going to scrapbook, but I have far too many pictures to put in scrapbooks.  
*We are going to start Season I of Downton Abbey tonight
*Read.  I am reading Mitch Albom's newest book "The Time Keeper." It is very good.
*Journal.  I have been journaling and also started a new prayer journal.  It has been nice to spend my mornings in Bible Study and prayer.
*Swimming.  Okay this one probably seems preposterous given that it is at 7:00 a.m. in the morning.  We didn't go Saturday or Sunday; we went yesterday but not this morning.  About four days a week Donaldo has to drag me out of the house; he spoils me  by dropping me off at the door.  I have to go and get my preferred form of exercise.  It is really something to see it snowing outside when you are inside swimming.
*I drink a LOT of tea and eat little cookies; thus the swimming.    
*We will make a third attempt to go to Chicago, but we aren't telling the kids in case of sickness and/or bad weather.  They are feeling better and hopefully the parents won't get sick.  
*Finally, I am still addicted to Pinterest, but it doesn't cost me anything except time. The chef is trying another recipe tonight.  So far, they have all been good. 

How have you been coping?

I love this picture of papa and Cavman from the summer of 2003!

                               

3 comments:

Karin said...

You do have an amazing list of things to keep you busy! That's great planning! Enjoy!

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Sweet picture!

I don't like to go out in this weather unless I have to either.

And Praise God for no more BSF skirts!!!!!!!

Kathy said...

Let's see how have I been coping? babysitting keeps one "in" alot. Tv - yuck, not my preferred thing. Pintrest. Going to the gym. I even went in the pool. Massage/Chiro. once a week ~ ahh.