Friday, January 25, 2013

On Our Way

Chicago, finally here we come...finally Christmas with the youngest daughter and her family.  After two failed attempts, we will be trying a third attempt.  Hubby is making Wyoming Whopper cookies to take; they are perfection plus.  There must be something about an engineer cooking and baking; everything almost always turns out. 
I have been putting pictures in albums and I have come across some of my mom that I haven't seen in a few years.  They have been taken up at the cottage and bring back so many fond memories.  My dad and his caretakers call the cottage the "cabin" which it isn't...it will always be the COTTAGE.  My mom was very proud of the three-bedroom, two bath cottage and deck; it was a dream come true for her.  There are so many memories of good times up there and we would love to repeat them again someday with our kids and grandchildren.  Who knows, but I am glad my dad can enjoy it now and has such good care while he is there.  Here is a couple of the pictures I found.
  
This was ten years ago on my 55th birthday in the outfit Don (Karen) got me for  my birthday

Karen relaxing on the deck

My mom on the fourth of July with the berry trifle I made

Karen and my mom playing their favorite card came.  I can't believe this is ten years ago.



3 comments:

Kristen said...

Karen got pregnant just a few months later with Riles.

Unknown said...

Yes I found a picture of the pregnancy test :)

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Have a fun trip and enjoy the very last of Christmas!
Those kind of pictures are precious.