Sunday, January 20, 2013

From The Heart....


Some beautiful Carmeila 's my sister Magnolia sent me from South Carolina.  Imagine having these blooming in the winter.  




Life's little disappointments or....life's bigger disappointments...we have experienced that this week.  The fact that we couldn't meet in Chicago this week seemed like a BIG disappointment especially to five kids who were marking down the days.  To them another two weeks seem like a long time.  I guess when you are young time goes by slow; unlike us older ones-the time is flying by.  As I listen to the wind howling outside I am wishing for summer, but it also brought to mind a hymn I haven't sung in a long time.  As I try to take my mind off myself and my little bouts of depression that crop up, I am glad that the Lord put "How Great Thou Art" in my mind this morning as I asked Him for a word from Him this morning. I have a small prayer journal that I write in almost every day as I sit quietly and listen to a word or phrase from Him and this morning it was this hymn. 

How Great Thou Art

O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder;
Consider all the world thy hands have made.
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder;
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Refrain
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee;
How great thou art, how great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art.

And when I think that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent him to die, I scarce can take it in.
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration, 
And there proclaim My God how great thou art. 

We don't sing these old hymns as much any more, but there is a wealth of truth and worship in them.  God is all powerful and He is Sovereign.  

4 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Your flowers are beautimous!
Yes, that is a very good song. As is Great is Thy Faithfulness.

Kristen said...

And now I'm wiping my dog's butt! Calgon! Take me away!!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry :(

Karin said...

Such gorgeous blossoms - wow!! Love that great hymn and we sing it often at hymn sing at the long-term care centre where I work!