Thursday, January 31, 2013

Feel the Love

I definitely felt the love this past weekend.  It's so nice to see family that you haven't seen in two months.  The fun part was that the kids were surprised; they didn't know we were coming (just in case something else happened to prevent us from coming).  
  Every time we see the kids it looks like they have grown; especially Ryan and Cavan.  Ryan had his skinny jeans on and he looked so tall.  He is one inch shorter than me. He can't wait until he is as tall as me (and taller).  How can our oldest grandchild be almost thirteen?
On Saturday, Kristen took me to Geneva, Illinois; a real cute city with lots of shops and restaurants.  We went to a tea shop that was a lot more than a tea shop.  On Thursdays and Saturdays "The Little Traveler" which has 36 rooms or shops serves samples of teas, wine, coffee, mixes, chocolates and many other things.  We ate ourselves through the rooms.  It is really an old house and there is a tea room where you can have "proper tea."  I loved it and must go back to Geneva and visit the rest of the shops and "The Little Traveler" again. 
We opened presents on Saturday night and I didn't get one picture.  After waiting all this time, I forgot about the camera! 
On Sunday we took the kids back to the hotel to go swimming to burn some of their energy off.  I think we accomplished that.
It was such a short, but fun trip.  I am so glad we made it because Kristen is now sick-hoping for a quick recovery.  We are hoping no germs came home with us!



Look at those eyes!  

Okay you can stop growing anytime.  

See what I mean about them getting bigger.  This one looks like his Papa Don

Getting lots of help with the iPad.  



2 comments:

Kristen said...

Ryan's arms look soooo long!!
Where did his blog post go?

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

So glad you had FUN!!! Wonderful memories!