Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Fangled

There was a time (when I was young) there weren't too many options in appliances and electronics.  I remember my mom getting an "ironer."  She sat at it and it was wide and you opened it up with a foot pedal and the padded roller went around as she "fed" the clothes through it.  I am sure my friend Dottie remembers it; she loves to iron.  Back then, you took your broken appliances to be fixed; you did not buy a new one.  Remember:
*electric can openers; I had one in Avocado green (lovely)
*electric frying pans
*when toaster ovens came out
*microwaves...our first microwave was like a small oven; it sat on it's own stand
*your first calculator
*and your own computer with a big ole, heavy moniter and something called a "mouse."  And then you had a special line put in so you could have "dial-up."  Your minutes were usually limited and your paid for extra minutes. 
 Now this brings me to the point of this whole blog.  We have two old computers.  The laptop is six years old and by today's standards that is old.  We bought a new laptop "Windows Eight."  After many calls and lots of work Don decided the (Oh boy, I don't know what it's called) was not working, so he packed it up and took it back.  
Now I am talking about buying an Ipad and don't know if I should.    I guess my main question is, can you download pictures from your camera on it?  If not, I guess we will have to try another new computer.  I want Donaldo to get an Apple computer, but he said they were too much money.  Any opinions out there?  

2 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Mrs. Schmenkman got a new computer after Christmas and it also had Windows 8. She said it was of the DEVIL and she almost pulled her hair out!

I don't know too much about downloading pictures onto the iPad, but I am told you can. It is a nifty little thing so far!

I also mentioned to Honey that we should get an Apple and he echoed Donaldo that they are too expensive. Mousey has an Apple laptop and she love, loves, LOVES it!

Kathy said...

Your hard drive was bad. Apple computer very expensive. Get and I-Pad. Very light and versetile. Pretty sure you can download pics on it. I will check the website. Listen to your technical guru.