Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas Is Finally Over

Christmas wreath turned Valentine wreath
                           

Yep, it's over, finally!  I got all the decorations back in their boxes and the boxes are waiting for the Chef to put them under the stairs.  What a thankless job that was.  I grumble and whine (sorry Capri K) and say "This is the last year I get this stuff out."  And I didn't even have it all out; half of it was still in boxes.  But I persevered and the job is done.  
We got our last Christmas card with picture and letter this week and it was worth the wait because the picture was good and the letter informative and interesting.  I have it ready to put in the Christmas Scrapbook; which isn't done yet, but hopefully I will get to it next week.
I put pink and red hearts in the wreath on the porch and got out a few valentine things to make things look a little festive.  After dusting I will get out the things that were originally on the bookcase shelves.
Now if I can just stop eating so much, things will be back to normal.  Oops....we have one more celebration in Chicago next weekend with presents to exchange and fun and games and hopefully Kristen's cookies and treats are gone :) 
I am glad the spirit of Christmas always gets to me and I get into it.  I don't want to be a Scrooge!  I really want to focus on the reason for Christmas; the celebration of the birth and life of our Savior and King.  It was a good Christmas!   

1 comment:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

It is always SUCH a good feeling to get everything put away!!
And then you spend the next couple weeks putting away the little things you missed the first time!!

Have fun in Chicago!!