Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Friend Who Draws and Paints

                       

I have a friend who has taken water-color classes and she took a water color sketch book class and draws her entries into her journal.  Her blog is listed to the right of mine.  She has an entry being considered for publication in a cookbook called "They Draw And Cook."  Her granddaughter who is also an artist helped her submit it.
I am not saying I could do this...but it would be on my wish list of things to do before I die.  I would like to take one water color class and see how it goes.  The problem is Donaldo is not with me on this page.  He thinks of the materials I would need and the idea of doing something completely new.  Since he knows me best, I have to go with him, but he did say "let's sleep on it for awhile."  That's as good as it gets.
Of course I still have my sewing machine to learn, and I plan to do that as soon as I come back from Florida.  I have several options-one being my sister-in-law who sews.  I think I will contact her before I leave and set up a time and then I can rest easy. 
Time is limited here on earth and my wish list has gotten shorter as I age and realize how precious time is.  My greatest love right now is studying the Bible and journaling and there can be nothing greater than that. I also like leading women in the study of the Bible; something God has called me to in this season of my life.  
Saturday Riley said to us "When I have kids you will probably be very old or not alive anymore."  She could be right and the thought made me very sad, but it is true.  But I decided to take one day at a time and enjoy what I do have.
Meanwhile I have a short list of things to do and see. On the top of my list of things to see is visit all the presidential libraries.  Donaldo said 'we just bought new luggage" what's to stop us?  There seems to be a little urgency or push to get some of these things done.
We just made reservations to go to The Cove in October which is the Billy Graham Retreat Center; one thing I can cross of my bucket list.  It is in Asheville, N.C. and what a beautiful time to go. We then plan to visit the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte, N.C.  That's better than a presidential library. 
And yet....still...I have my eyes fixed on Heaven and the return of Jesus Christ; something I believe could happen any time.  What a great trip that would be!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

signing in on laptop now~ yay! i can comment now!
what are the travel dates in OCt?
:)

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Glad you a making progress on the bucket list!

Dottie said...

Marlene, Mike and I and my sister and Don and Linda and Larry Acord have been to the Cove a few times. We once went in October. It is beatiful in the foothills. We went a day early a couple of times so we could take in some sites in Ashville. One time we stopped in Berea, Kentucky for the night and toured the college. It was estsblished for poor Appalachians students. They pay no tutition or room and board but they all work at the college. It is primarily a fine arts college. Nice things there to purchase for the home.