Saturday, February 11, 2012

Today's Word Prompt: Makes You Happy

                         
Well, this is another easy one for me today; as we crossed over the state line into Florida, I was happy.  We stopped at the Welcome Center and had our fresh squeezed orange juice and took our yearly picture in front of the sign.  Only thing....it is COLD and WINDY today and even colder tomorrow.  I know, I know Uncle Buck told me things were really cold and snowy in the mitten.  Tomorrow's high here will be 54 and low of 36, but it looks like there will be a nice warm-up on Tuesday.  Meanwhile, I keep wearing my sweats and only walk south because if you walk northward, you will get blown over. 
Happy Birthday to our daughter Kristen who will be coming to visit us with her youngest, Megan, the end of February.  That makes me happy. 

3 comments:

Carol said...

FLORIDA!!! Congratulations for making it to the border. You are in such a better place than here. Bummer that it's cold and windy there. Looks sunshiney. Here, it's 19 and brrr...cold and windy. The car was creaking as we left church this evening. I am so glad it has been a warmer winter.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

13 this morning, YIKES!
Looking forward to hearing about all of your adventures in the Sunshine State.

Kathy said...

Hmmm, I could have predicted this one. Welcome to the Sunshine state. I am so glad we were here for the heat last week!