Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Button

Today's photo prompt is button


I'm not sure if button meant one or more than one.  So I have nothing interesting about ONE button, so I am showing you my jar of buttons.  They come in handy when I need a button to replace a lost button; however most of them are shirt buttons and there is a story behind that..... 
Many years ago (makes me sound ancient) I made nightshirts for women and girls. This is a craft I thought up and I gave it a fair run as I gave them for gifts and even sold a few. 
I would buy gently used men or boys short sleeve shirts and "fix" them up.  I took all the buttons off (thus my jar of buttons) and then I would sew on cute or pretty buttons that I purchased.  I would sew wide eyelet lace around the bottom of the shirt and around the sleeves and pocket and then stencil something on the pocket.  I know I have some pictures of these somewhere, but cannot find them. I can't believe I did all that work, but they did turn out cute and they were fun to wear in the summer.  Alas I ran out of patience and/or customers and that was the end of the night shirt business.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

those were cute!

Karen said...

what no pictures?? I think you should make a whole bunch in florida to sell at the garage sale :)

Kristen said...

Bahahaha!!! We totally need a picture!!
I remember thinking you for real were gonna make millions on those!!! Remember the Valentine one?

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

You have had more careers than Carter has liver pills!!!!