Thursday, December 13, 2012

Vacations Part 2

One of the places we went several years in a row was to Wasaga Beach near Collingwood, Ontario.  My mom and dad spent their honeymoon there.  It wasn't too far from where my grandmother was born in Stayner, Ontario.  My grandma and grandpa went with us and sometimes I got to drive with them.  I loved it.  My grandma would get me to journal while we were driving and put the time and city we went through.  I still do that now especially when we are driving to Florida to break up the monotony of the drive.  
My grandma's sister Emma was still alive then and her husband Joe would play horseshoes by the hour with my grandfather.  
My cousin Patsy lived in Barrie, Ontario and her parents would bring her for the day; and we had a lot of fun together.  She was a little older than me and I really liked her.  I just reconnected with her on facebook a few weeks ago.  
Near Wasaga Beach were the Blue Mountains and there was horseback riding and hikes and look-out points and an Indian Village.  A few years ago Don and I took a trip to Collingwood and the Blue Mountains had a huge ski resort and there was nothing at the beach that even resembled where we had stayed.  But it was a great trip that brought back a lot of memories.  

My sister Jan on the left, Mark, John me and my cousin Patsy.  We are sitting on the back of my dad's buick
                                                                          

1 comment:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I have actually heard of Barrie. Honey's step grandmother was living there when she passed away.

How fun that you reconnected with your cousin!