Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012



This is a tall order to recap this Christmas because we have had so many celebrations.  How do you capture all the moments and fun times?  We were supposed to be celebrating one more Christmas this weekend with Kristen and family in the Chicago area, but Donaldo got Karen's cold and we couldn't go.    
It started Christmas Eve with Karen and family.  On Christmas Eve I made a Chicken Macaroni and Cheese that I got off Pinterest.  It was really tasty.  It also called for broccoli, but I put that on the side. 
Karen and Raymond and kids celebrated Christmas day with us too and we kept it low-key.  Karen and Brady went home sick.
Karen and Brady Christmas morning


Riley and Addy                   
On Wednesday, Kevin and Audrey and the girls came along with Riley.  We had breakfast, opened up presents and spent some time with them before it was time to go to my family's celebration at the Recreation Center. 

Maddie and Riley

Amelia and Maddie in their roller skating skirts
                       
 Of course that was the afternoon and night of the first snowstorm of the season.  People were late and left earlier than last year because of the storm.  But I think everyone liked it and the kids had fun climbing the Rock Wall.

Riley on her first climb

Riley on her second climb

Maddie looked so little climbing up the wall
  

Karen told me not to let Riley eat too many sweets, but I thought that wasn't what she should worry about after I saw Riley in her harness start climbing the wall.  She made it to the top on her second try.  
Kevin and Audrey spent the night so they didn't have to drive home in the snow and the girls loved that.  They all left the next day after breakfast.  
So, we look forward to the new year, hoping Donaldo gets better soon and I don't get sick.  

My dad and I at the family Christmas party

Me, Riley and my dad.   He is actually smiling here
                   

1 comment:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Sounds like you all had a very nice time!!
Happy New Year my Friend!
Feel better Donaldo!

I friended you on Mousey's Facebook, I will call later in the week and try and talk you through the Words With Friends part. Then you can friend me on my iPad. It sounds complicated but it's not and it's the only way I know!