Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

                            

One can't help reflect on past Christmas Eve's.  Eight years ago today, my mom found out her cancer had returned in several places.  I remember her call to me so well...we were both in shock and I cried the rest of the afternoon.  It was her last Christmas and everyone knew it; especially her.  That was the saddest Christmas we ever had.
But she is in heaven now celebrating with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and we on earth are celebrating His coming too.  
In the business of the day today; I want peace and thankfulness to rule in my heart and I want to be thankful for His coming and look forward to His coming back again soon (I hope).  

Sarah Young says:  "As you celebrate the wonder of My birth in Bethlehem, celebrate also your rebirth into eternal life.  This everlasting gift was the sole purpose of My entering your sin-stained world. Receive My gift with awe and humility.  Take time to explore the vast dimensions of my love.  Allow thankfulness to flow freely from your heart in response to my glorious gift.  Let My peace rule in your heart and be thankful."

 "To them (us) God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."  Colossians 1:27

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful.  Colossians 3:15

We have a lot to do today, we are a day behind because of losing our electricity.  But I want peace to rule in my heart and I want to be thankful.

As we have dinner tonight with four of our blessings; I will be thankful for them and for my other blessings that cannot be with us.  When we go to church tonight, I want to be thankful that Christ also came to the Gentiles and I am one of His and He gives me peace.

May you be thankful and have God's peace with you during this Holy holiday.   

1 comment:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Merry, Merry Chtistmas Marlene and Donaldo! Wishing you peace, joy and God's blessings in the New Year. Love, Kelly