Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Weekend



Here we are...it's Tuesday already....one week until Christmas...Eeek! 
 We were so shocked by the shooting in Connecticut at Sandy Hook School.  The images never stop and we are shocked as a nation and individuals.  There is so much I could write about this, but most of it has been said.  As I think about my own little grandchildren and my daughter in school, that little niggle of fear comes and then I pray for the Lord to keep them safe.
  
Saturday night we went to Capri K's for a small group dinner.  Her Honey had made Manicotti (Okay, spell check, it is a word.)  It was delicious along with the garlic bread. People brought appetizers, salad, dessert (me) and there was a luscious chocolate cake.  It was the first "BIG EAT" of Christmas :)

Sunday was church and reading and napping.  
Monday was cleaning up and wrapping.
Tuesday I am getting back to my prayer journal
And focus on things eternal.
 (I had to make it rhyme:)

I will get back to my Memoirs tomorrow.......Have a great day!

My fruit trifle.  

1 comment:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Your fruit trifle was beautimous!!
I liked the rhyming!