Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Way Back When-sday

I am getting old...my back is aching, I have two sore knees and my left foot hurts.  The chiropractor says it is a subluxation in my neck.  Ha!  I knew suluxation wouldn't be a word!  Isn't that a word they always use?  He fixed me yesterday afternoon, but today I am hurting again.  We will see what he says tomorrow. I am thinking I have done too much water walking after being off for three weeks. The hot tub sure comes in handy
 For a long time I have wanted to write the Memoir of my life. In order to write one, you must have some life experiences to write about.  I think I am in that category now.   To write it on my blog, I will have to leave some personal information out so I will fill in the blanks later.  What a good day to start it; on "Way Back When-sday."

My mother  in my grandparent's living room


                     My Life As I Remember It

I was born July_________at___________Hospital in_____________.  My mother was_________________and my dad was______________.  I was the first of their six children and my mom and dad were young; 19 and 21.  We lived with my grandparents until I was one.  They converted their 3 bedroom-one-bath, upstairs to a little apartment for my parents.  My dad had been in World War II and after spending some time in France recovering from the gunshot wound across his back, he came home.  
My dad was fair, freckled and had red hair.  My mom was darker, with brown eyes and dark brown hair.  She was beautiful! I am the only one of six children who looked more like my dad.
We moved into a brand new bungalow in____________. and my first memory is when my brother__________was born.  I was two and I remember standing on the grass outside the hospital waving to my mom who was waving to me from her hospital window.  Back then, women stayed in the hospital for ten days!
There were five of us born in that house until we finally moved to______________in____________.
Back in those days, my mother didn't have a car and I remember her pulling me and my brother in a wagon to an area of stores where she would shop.  Sometimes my dad would get a ride to work and my mother would have the car for the day.  
My dad worked at Ford Motor Company and worked his way up to supervisor.  He worked long hours and traveled to Grand Rapids for work sometimes. Two of my favorite memories are of being in Grand Rapids.  

                     End of Part One


  

3 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Your Mama was a pretty lady!
I don't remember hearing that your Dad was wounded in the war, and he is still here! Good for him!

Kathy said...

I'm glad you're blogging again! NOw, I wish I just could...

Unknown said...

I wish you could too!