Monday, November 19, 2012

Back In The Saddle Again

My Bff and I used to play Roy Rogers and Dale Evans in an empty field by her house.  I don't remember the details but I think it is funny as I remember it. 
After almost 3 weeks away from swimming, I went with Donaldo this morning.  My poor fins were almost dried out.  I loved seeing everyone again and I love water exercise.  It is much better than the treadmill.
One woman mentioned how much she loved "Black Friday."  I detest Black Friday; I don't even like the name.  And it seems the stores are going to be ready before Friday.  I went to The Dollar Store yesterday and they are going to be OPEN on Thanksgiving.  It's a travesty I say!  There are all kinds of PRE-Thanksgiving sales.  My mailbox is FULL of catalogs every day.  There is:

*Lillian Vernon
*Vermont Country Store
*Lang calendars and note cards
*Personal Creations.com
*Hickory Farms
*BB and B (Bed Bath and Beyond)  Beyond what?
*Toys to Grow on
*American Girl-of course this is the one I NEED
*The Republic of Tea (I do order things from here)
*Penzey spices (also a "must need" for the chef)
*Fisher Price
*Bits and Pieces
*Gaither Collection
*LL Bean (also a must have)
*Lands End (ditto)
*Gardeners

I am sure there will be more. I do order a lot on line for Christmas but some of these I have never seen and some of course are not new to me.  So I leave Black Friday alone and settle myself down with a pumpkin steamer and order on-line from one of my many catalogs.




2 comments:

Kristen said...

Waiting for...Hello Cyber Monday!!!

Kathy said...

oh yeah baby