Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Homemade Christmas

Every year, I start thinking about dragging my Christmas stuff all out and then.....putting it all away again.  This year I have decided to use minimal decorations and not drag anything out except the lights for the tree.  
I am cleverly using a few things from the dollar store and then making the rest.  I am making ornaments for the tree; just started making those paper chains we used to make as kids.  I am using up some of my scrapbook paper.  I am making cut-out ornaments with birds and flowers from scrapbook paper for the tree. Maybe I can get a few "grands" to help this weekend. Chicago is coming tomorrow and Livonia will be here and we will be going to Macomb on Thanksgiving; all seven together at one time...Can't wait. 
For the rest of the decorating,  I will cut some fresh greens and Holly and put them in some vases and add some pine cones and rose hips to add to the "Christmas flavor."  It is a fun easy thing for me to work on without getting out 10-12 boxes of stuff. Add a few candles and voila'!  I just can't face the boxes-no siree!  
I have been on Pinterest looking at homemade gifts.  Who got me interested in Pinterest anyway....Karen??? Kristen???? One can wile away a lot of time there.  But I love it.
Anyway I am accomplishing two tasks: using up scrapbook stuff and  decorating.  Oh, and satisfying my creative side which has come back after a long time away.  Now if someone could just buy all the presents...I will be all set.