Thursday, November 15, 2012

Friends

A person who depressed narrows their world down so much that they are only in contact with a few people.  I have Donaldo for sure and my two daughters. They have been the only ones I have been able to talk to about this.  They are all my Bff's.  
A friend understands you and encourages you even when you are down.  And these kind women are always there for me and I thank them with all my heart. Donaldo has been the strong one for me and I can never begin to thank him enough.  But he would love me to make dinner one night :)  He just ordered some new Penzey spices :)
There are two friends that I need to reconnect with and talk to more and spend some time with.  That would be Kelly and Carol. Kelly, tea sounds great. Let's do it soon. Carol, the Bible Study sounds like a great idea. Thank you both for your prayers.  
There are so many other people that I would like to get to know better...and that is part of the plan.  I have to be a "joiner" not a recluse. 
Then I need to spend time with our friends that we went to Scotland with...they are like comfortable clothes (jammy bottoms and and t-shirt).  We have so much fun together and laugh a lot. That sounds so nice-to laugh again.  
Thank you Carol and Kelly for your comments and encouragement and especially the one about the woman who said "we should use everything we go through for God's glory, the good and the bad.  Don't waste your suffering."  Wow.  I would like to be done wasting my time! I have known all the time that God has a plan and perhaps I could help other women in this same situation.  My mind and body and soul belong to the Lord regardless of how I feel. Thank you for your prayers for strength today; that is all I need....one day at a time.

2 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

You are most welcome.
Encouragement is a kiss on the cheek from a really good God!

Carol said...

So I'm wondering what rock I have been under???!!! I have been checking your blog and have seen none of what you have written for the past month. Despite the fact that I am under a rock, I am very thankful for you and continue to pray for you. I am looking forward to us reconnecting at some point!