Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday's Meditation

                        
From Sarah Young:

"When you are around other people, you tend to cater to their expectations-real or imagined. You feel enslaved to pleasing them, and your awareness of My Presence grows dim.  Your efforts to win their approval eventually exhausts you.  You offer these people dry crumbs rather than the living water of My Spirit flowing through you.  This is not My way for you!  Stay in touch with Me, even during your busiest moments.  Let My Spirit give you words of grace as you live in the Light of my Peace."

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and you minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7

This means so much to me because I learned that I tend to cater to the needs of so many others and I feel trapped and burned out. I always thought I needed the approval of others and finally all I had to offer them was burned out pieces of myself.  
I am learning that I don't need to do that anymore, but I need to focus on God and let His spirit flow through me and speak and act from Him.  Then I will be living in the light of His peace.