Friday, November 23, 2012

The Day After

Well, here we are and it's the day after Thanksgiving. Our tummies are full and we enjoyed a traditional feast.  We went to Kevin and Audrey's new house and the Chicago family (Ryan says "the Chicago family?")  I am thinking he wants to be called something else like the Baker family?  Ah yes, he is shaking his head in agreement.
Audrey had the table all set with her beautiful china and crystal and the meal was great.  I know you always feel that way when someone else cooks the meal, but this was really good.  
The kids played outside before and after dinner; it was 60 degrees yesterday and it was a beautiful day.  
Oldest grandson Ryan takes charge of little Joy Boy and I gave him some babysitting money for the whole weekend.  Then I enlisted Cavan to help out and paid him.  
We worked on taking family pictures and Audrey used the timer on her camera.  We also took individual family pictures.  We were outside and they are casual which I like.  The two youngest, Amelia Bedelia and Joy Boy, just couldn't be still. Maddie was being silly and Joy Boy also had some sticks that he kept sticking in front of his mom.  We did the best we could and after Audrey sends me the pictures, I will pick the best of the lot.  Kristen took one which I am putting on here-it is really good except.....I have MY EYES CLOSED.  ME!!  Yes, the one who wanted the pictures taken. 
After dessert and listening to the kids run around upstairs playing hide-and-go-seek and screaming when they were found, we left for home.  Joy Boy was enthralled by a plastic bow and arrow that ended up with one arrow broken and Amelia crying.  I think JB would like one for Christmas.  
Ryan is sitting next to me proof-reading and editing as I go along. Kristen and I went swimming this morning and hopefully burned off a few calories.  We are going to have a sewing lesson today because Kristen now knows how to use our new sewing machines.  She made me, Karen and Audrey beautiful bags for Christmas.  The Baker family will not be here for Christmas :(  We will be going there for New Years.  
There are so many things to be thankful for, but there are seven things I am really thankful for: Ryan, Cavan, Megan, Riley, Maddie, Amelia, and last but NOT least, Brady.  Somehow Ryan knew I was going to write that.


2 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Maybe someone could photo shop your eyes OPEN!!!!

So precious!

Sounds like you had a most wonderful day, Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

I did get a better picture of the whole family :)