Friday, May 25, 2018

The Hours Up to the Party

 In some ways the morning has dragged by.  And then what will happen is all of a sudden there won't be enough time.  
 I got up at 7:30 and lounged around and then had breakfast and took a bath.  I forgot I was going to get my hair done because I almost washed my hair.
  
 Then I went to the Hallmark Store to return a defective bracelet and get another one-it was the one I gave Megan.  They didn't have anymore except for one spelled "Meghan."  So I got her one that said "LOVE."  She seemed happy with that.  I came home and killed some more time and then went to get my hair done. It looks great-just like me only like I spent more time on it. Ha!  She didn't charge me for the wash and hair styling and wished me "Happy Anniversary." That was so nice.

 I wanted to stop at the flower shop nearby and get a plant or two, but it was getting very busy and very hot.  So I came home and will wait until next week.

 Chef Donaldo made yummy protein shakes for lunch and we enjoyed them outside.  It's just help yourself for lunch and for a few that means "Cheez-its' or however you spell it. 

 I just finished putting stuff in my gold dressy purse and now it's all reading to go.  The dress is hanging up-it's plain coral to go with the color theme of our family pictures that we are going to have.

 The day turned out hot-87 degrees for a high but I am so glad it isn't cold and raining.
  
 I decided to wear my open Birkenstocks instead of fancy shoes. They are so much cooler and I want to be comfortable.  Oh, and my toenail polish matches my dress and fingernail polish.  
 Whew!  Now to put make-up on which is the hard part for me-I don't want to put too much on and look like a clown.  

One more thing, we have really been drinking iced tea around here. Most of the tea is from "Republic of Tea" and it is Hibiscus Sangria. It is especially made for iced tea and Cavan was the first one to want to try it.  I've made two pitchers of it so far.  It tastes sweet enough that you don't have to put sugar in it.  

 Well, one-and-a-half hours until we leave and start this whole shindig. Hopefully I will have a picture for tomorrow.  Sorry you can't be there Jan; but you will be there in spirit and I just want you to spend this year getting better.  
  

No comments: