Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Getting Ready

It's almost here; our 50th Wedding Anniversary party.  My poor sister has heard me talk about nothing else.  You see, she had bilateral breast surgery and lives in South Carolina and she can't make it to the party.  I would love her to be here because she was in my wedding and was part of my special day. And I wish she could be part of this party.
   
 The party is being planned by our adult children and it is at a place unknown to us.  We plan to have our family picture taken before the party and that is exciting to me because we haven't done that since the kids were little.  My, how grown up they are now, and the first grandchild has graduated from High School and is leaving in June for boot camp.  He will be in the Army National Guard.  After boot camp he well be studying in his field of duty which is Intel Analyst.  So it is very important to me that we have some pictures taken.  Life is short and at our ages I'm thinking you never know what might happen.  I'm not trying to be maudlin here but life does seem to be going by fast.
  
 I remember having my parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary Party here at in our backyard with tents and catered food and now they are both gone; in fact it is 3 years today that my dad died and much longer for my mom.  I'm so glad we have pictures to look back on that day.  

 Now, to the picture of me here; I got my nails done today and they match my dress which is the exact color of the shirt I have on today.  It is the first step in my complete makeover-Botox, hair dyed blonde, and weight loss!  Just kidding; I wish! 

 But, I'm getting excited for the party and my daughter and family are coming tomorrow from the Chicago area.  That's next on the agenda.  Friday I am going to get my hair done.  I haven't done that since the last wedding.  
 Fifty years is something to celebrate!!!

No comments: