Tuesday, May 15, 2018

A Little Fairy




Now is the time to start making my little (or sometimes big) Fairy gardens.  They are so much fun and I love the cute little things you can use to personalize them.  Even Donaldo is getting into it by helping me plant them according to my specifications. 
They can get expensive to make so you try to use your things from previous years.  
 But today, I couldn't resist, I stopped at George's Livonia Gardens where they have tons of stuff for Fairy Gardens.  I picked up a few plants and these cute birds and the flag. It somehow just sets off the plants.  
 The kids like to make them, so I have boy fairy and girl fairy stuff.
 I try to keep the plants alive all winter, but it is hard to do. I had Karen take some to school and put on her window sill, but I understand they are not doing to good. We also have some in the basement that I will need to salvage.  So I will clean them up and put new plants in them.
 You can also use fake moss to keep the dirt down and little stones or marbles on top of that.  
 Michaels sells a lot of fairy garden things and you can usually get a good deal on them.  I love little bridges and ponds!  The sun just came out and I feel like going there now.  
 All my gardens are made in pots so I can keep them contained.   
I'd like to make my sister Jan one and ship it to her in South Carolina.  She told me to google how to ship it.  
 Speaking of my sister, she is having surgery tomorrow and I know she would appreciate your prayers and well wishes. I will be praying all day tomorrow.   
 I finally figured out how to add pictures to by blog.  It only cost me $2.99 Hah!  It's worth it.  
 So look for more blogs coming up and I will try to add pictures to the old ones.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mine needs replenished......