Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday's News

Hang on everybody it's coming today.  I just have to cut up some strawberries for an event for tonight.  I'll be back with all the news....
There, I'm back and it didn't take very long.  I am going to a ladies event at church tonight called "Grounds for Faith." It is once a month and we bring a dish to share, have a speaker and do some fun things.  Tonight's topic is Joy.  
 Don is having Moes surgery on a cancerous spot on his neck today; it is really a long day.  They take a slice off the spot and then you have to wait until they biopsy it.  If there is still cancer in it they take another slice and you have to wait again. The wait period for each slice is two hours.  They tell you to plan to be there most of the day.  He started early; at 7:15.  I hope he's not there all day.  Last time he had it done on his forehead, he was in a lot of pain afterward.
 I am still having pain from where my tooth was pulled but I am trying not to take anymore Ibuprofen.  It helps the pain but bothers my stomach;  that is some trade-off.  Don and I are going to be quite a pair.
 I'm getting my nails done this afternoon.  I'm practicing colors to match my dress for our 50th anniversary party in two weeks. 
We don't know anything about the party, just the date.  The girls have been planning it and I am so excited.  We are having a family pictures taken by none other than Mrs. Trenda Knezek herself. She has been a good friend to me and Karen for a long time.  I am really excited about everything.  We haven't had a family picture take since the grandkids were little. And now? My how they have grown!  That is a whole other topic.
 The weather is yucky today.  It is only 52 and dark and cloudy. The rain is coming later-lots of rain.
 Today would have been my dad's 92nd birthday and he has been in heaven for almost 3 years.  He died May 23rd soon after his birthday.  Boy I miss him.  It seems we should still be going up north to see him.   
 And finally, Miss Riley Rose is spending the night. She wants to get her ears pierced tomorrow for her birthday which is June 17. She graduates from 8th grade at Northville Christian School in June and she wanted them done before the graduation ceremony. 
She will be 14!  I really don't know where the time has gone. 
 Oh, and Karen's husband has a little do-hickey thing that I can hook my phone up to my chrome book and get the pictures off my phone.  Hopefully then I can put pictures on my blog. 

Signing off until hopefully tomorrow.

No comments: