Monday, April 2, 2012

This Book

Sarah Young's devotional book "Jesus Calling" was written for me.....and I suppose others :) but it really hits me where I'm at.  Today's devotion was so full of descriptive language I just had to get out my colored pencils and draw-oh, and my glue and glitter too.

"I have promised to meet all your needs according to My glorious riches.  Your deepest, most constant need is for My Peace.  I have planted Peace in the garden of your heart, where I live; but there are weeds growing there too:  pride, worry, selfishness, unbelief.  I am the Gardener, and I am working to rid your heart of those weeds.  I do My work in various ways.  When you sit quietly with Me, I shine the Light of My Presence directly into your heart.  In this heavenly Light, Peace grows abundantly and weeds shrivel up. I also send trials into your life.  When you trust Me in the midst of trouble, Peace flourishes and weeds die away.  Thank Me for troublesome situations; the Peace they can produce far outweighs the trials you endure.  Phil 4:19; 2 Cor 4:17"



Being a gardener myself made it easier to doodle away in my little notebook.  



                

3 comments:

Kristen said...

:) beautiful

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

That is a perfect written word picture, and then a perfect drawn picture! LIKE!

Carol said...

Love your drawings! Thanks for sharing them with us. Every day seems tailored for me. But then I hear others like you say that too. Your drawings help me see it in a fresh way.