Thursday, April 19, 2012

Favorites...................

It is time for another list about some of my favorite things.  I know that in the last six years I've probably done this several times, but hopefully there are a few new ones in this list.  Sometimes it is hard to think of something to blog about and I don't always want to go on and pontificate about some subject.  There, that is a new word I've never used in my blog.  Here is my list

*Drawing:  I got published on the  "Drawing in Church" blog!
*Downtown Plymouth:   I sat in the park yesterday and sketched.  I definitely need that drawing class!
*La Croix Cran-Raspberry Sparkling water:  So refreshing
*Ghirardelli Dark and Truffle Chocolate Squares:  One hits the spot when you NEED some chocolate
*My new red car:  Joy Boy likes it because red is his favorite color.  I like it because I can drive it anytime!
*Writing and drawing in my journal
*My Wednesday "alone time" for reading, writing and reflecting.  Yesterday I spent time at the Plymouth Library.  I can't wait until it is warm enough to be outside.
*I've put Francine Rivers as my most favorite fiction author as I keep looking for books that capture me the way she does.  She is the only author who inspires me to re-read her books
*My two favorite spring flowering trees:  Pink and white Dogwood and Redbud.  They remind me of our trips to the Smokey Mountains and Gatlinburg.  They are OH SO pretty right now
Yep, that's me years ago while on one of our "family reunion" trips to the Smokies

*Passing the one-year mark of swimming 4 to 5 days a week at the Rec Center.  Yea for me and Donaldo
*Our new Penzey spice collection.  The Italian dressing mix makes my most favorite salad dressing
*My new short bob hairstyle
*My new-found wonderful soft cotton jeans from L.L. Bean.  I could sleep in them!
*Our new crock pot.  We love the veggie lasagna recipe!
*My most favorite worship song is still "In Christ Alone."

It seems every couple of years I turn a corner and enter a new phase of my life.  There is more time for reflection  now and I like alone time.  As a Christian in this stage of my life, my goal is to "finish well" and complete the work God has for me to do.  I believe that He has placed me smack dab in the middle of ministering to women.  I am committed in this area and it is my responsibility to follow through with that commitment.
How about you, do you have a new favorite?


Having trouble posting comments?  Try again :)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

cool list. I soooo havn't had a minute to blog. I miss it. Barely had time to read yours. Had to catch up.

Kristen said...

Probably close to my age now in that TN picture? Hmm you lookin really good at upper 30s!
Yes, I've been missin Kathy's blogs too :(

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Love your list!
Love Francine Rivers.
Can't wait to see your jeans.
Congratulations on being published in the other blob!
Good post idea!
Will miss you tonight.