Saturday, April 21, 2012

Book Review

Alas, I did not go to the retreat.  The pain is somewhat better, but still not feeling up to par.  Retreating at home isn't so bad.   I got to sleep in a bit and then I colored in my drawing that I drew in Plymouth on Wednesday.  I am much better at coloring than drawing.  I don't think this one is blog-ready, but it was fun.
I am reading a book called "Paris In Love: A Memoir" by Eloisa James. It is a true account of her family's year in Paris, France.  
It is really a collection of her blogs with little snippets of life there.  She is very descriptive and I find myself falling in love with Paris.  I never thought I would like to go there, but now I would love to go.  
I better brush up on my French.  I had it for 2 years in grade school; I must say I disliked my teacher Mrs. Nichols very much and she seemed to dislike me also.  I was never sure why.  I took 2 more years of French in high school, but didn't do too well the second year; they changed the way they taught it and I fell out of love with the language and the country.  But now, it all seems rather exciting.  Imagine writing a book out of your blogs!!
If you are a blog reader or interested in traveling, you would love this book.  I got it on my Kindle. 
So, staying home isn't all that bad, after all there's no place like home.

1 comment:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I am sorry you weren't able to go, but glad you found something fun to do!