Friday, April 20, 2012

Retreat

                         
I was supposed to go on a woman's retreat this weekend; you know where you RETREAT away from your normal crazy life and get some good old blessings from the Lord.  Due to my crazy stomach pain that came back full-force today, I have to retreat at home.  
I was really looking forward to this one which was at Gull Lake near Kalamazoo.  I have never been there and it look loverly and downright beautiful.  My suitcase and journal are still packed; if I feel better I can still go in the morning.  
Here I sit in my chair looking at the rain with heavy eyelids due to some pain medication.......I think......God is sovereign and this is a day I can draw upon His strength. 


As Jennifer Rothschild said, "God is present in your present.  He is not dwelling on the past or worrying about the future, so you don't either.  Be present where you are."

3 comments:

Carol said...

:( so very sorry. Proverbs 3:5-6

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Oh dear, I hope you get to go this morning.
Praying you do.

Kathy said...

The belly button stomach pain? Oh no! Hope your able to go.