Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring

It was spring but it was summer I wanted; the warm days
   and the great outdoors.
It was summer but it was fall I wanted; the colorful 
   leaves and the cool dry air.
It was fall but it was winter I wanted; the beautiful snow
   and the joy of the holiday season.
It was now winter but it was spring I wanted; the warmth 
   and the blossoming of nature.
I was a child but it was adulthood I wanted; the freedom
   and the respect.
I was twenty but it was thirty I wanted; to be mature and
   sophisticated.
I was middle-aged but it was twenty I wanted; the youth
   and the free spirit.
I was retired but it was middle age that I wanted; the
   presence of mind without limitations.
My life was over but I never got what I wanted.


Unknown

2 comments:

Karin said...

What a sad state of affairs to never be content, isn't it!!! God is so good! This past week I was so thankful that we had another blizzard instead of tornadoes! Thinking of all those affected by that severe weather in tornado ally! God will make all turn out for good to them who love Him!

Of course you can use the ABC idea - I got it from Ginny. Blessings!

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

That is a sad little commentary on life!
Bloom where you're planted is what I say.