Sunday, April 8, 2012

Resurrection Sunday


He is risen; He is risen indeed. 
"I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth....this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God....The Lord Himself will descend from heaven...And the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.  And thus we shall always be with the Lord."  Ps. 17:15, I John 3:2, I Thess 4:16-17.

All holidays brings back memories of the past.  And I always think of my mom who loved holidays and made the most of them.  How wonderful to know that not only will we sit with Jesus on the right hand of the throne,  we will see all our loved ones that have gone on before and the older I get, the more people I will see. 
The first people I will look for is my mom and my nephew Paul.  Then I will look for my grandma and grandpa and Don's parents.  Then Pastor Bill, and my friend Kathyleen and all those friends from church that have died in the last couple of years. There are so many from my childhood years that were friends with my mom and dad that I can't even name them all.  There are the disciples, apostles, Ruth Graham and so many others like Moses and Abraham.  Wow! Just think of it!  If I am so fortunate to live until Jesus comes back I will meet them all in the air as they will rise first.  Oh what a day of rejoicing that will be.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Will be an amazing time finding all those people!!

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I remember having that same thought the year my Mom passed away. What a day!