Friday, May 18, 2012

Whew!

I made it through that test; everything looked fine except a little redness in the lining of my stomach which would not be causing the pain that I have.  She said my pancreas is beautiful!  Spoken like a doctor.  The time goes by so fast when you are asleep; I couldn't believe it when I woke up and they told me it was 2:30.  They had to put me under a bit more because they used an ultrasound scope which is bigger and goes farther down.  So, while, I am pleased not to have any dread diseases, I still wonder what is wrong.  I have a repeat MRI on Thursday that I had in November.  And, to tell you the truth, I don't expect any new findings, but am glad to check it one more time.  After that she will have a treatment plan.  I love this lady doctor at U of M.  She is good and so sympathetic which is very important to me in a doctor.  I generally find more women doctors are that way than men. I still have an appointment with the holistic doctor and the results of any foods I might have sensitivities too.  So that might be enlightening. 
Today I still felt very tired so did some laundry and reading. I haven't bought any flowers which to me is a complete change from other years.  We have to go to Schwartz' flowers the beginning of next week before the Memorial weekend frenzy cleans out all the best plants.  My heart isn't in it this year as the deer cleaned us out by the end of summer last year.  All my miniature hostas came up even if they were all chewed down last year.  Donaldo is trying something called "Liquid Fence" to see if we can keep the deer at bay.  Personally, I think we need a BIG DOG.  The deer never bother my neighbor's plants and we think it is her black lab.  Also, Donaldo has to clean the deck this year, so I can't put pots on it until he is done.  
Hopefully I can get a little more motivated this week.     

4 comments:

Karin said...

Glad for you that you have a compassionate and caring doctor! That means a lot as you go through all these diagnostic tests to find out the cause of your pain. Not a fun time! No wonder getting into the gardening time is not first on your agenda.

Have a good week-end and may the Lord be your strength!

Carol said...

Very glad you did so well and that your pancreas is so bee-you-ti-ful!

Kathy said...

You don't need a dog; just dog hair. I can bring you a giant bag ~ ha ha!

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Glad your pancreas is so foxy!

Praying your nice doctor gets to the bottom of this mystery.

Went to Schwartzes with Jip on Friday. Only got 1/2 planted on Saturday. Maybe I can get the rest in today.
Hope you get to go soon, they have beautimous things, as always, and BOY, were they hopping on Friday!