Wednesday, May 16, 2012

EGD

A what? Upper Endoscopy?  Yep, esophagogastroduodenoscopy; see if spell check likes this word!!! No, it doesn't like it. Well, since I have had stomach pain since Saturday which started the Saturday before in Chicago this is what I am having.....tomorrow at noon.  As you all know I am such a fan of being sedated and put to sleep...ah...no. I can hardly wait.  It's the waiting that gets to me.  The same pain I had last summer has returned and the doctor needs to get to the bottom of it, so to speak.  Every day since Saturday I have taken pain pills and this can't go on.  So, I am asking for prayer to find a diagnosis and that I will have peace about the procedure.  A week from Thursday I am having another MRI and those are really fun!   
Meanwhile, my daughter Kristen has an enlarged thyroid sometimes called a goiter.  She is having blood work and an ultra sound of her thyroid gland, so please pray for her also. She has also been running a fever for several days.  
You never realize how much you take for granted in life until you get sick or don't feel well.  

3 comments:

Dottie said...

Marlene, I hope they find the cause of your stomach pains. Have you had a EDG before? That is how they found my bleeding ulcer last June. Let me know about your daughter's thyroid. I had a huge goiter with the Graves Disease and I am still not medicated correctly 3 years later and 2 radioactive treatments. My Graves caused me thyroid eye disease and thyroid leg/tissue disease.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Oh Dear, praying for resolution for you both!

Carol said...

praying for you. Hope its all done by now and you get some answers. :)