Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happy May







After days of waiting for the sun to come out; today turned out to be a scorcher.  My thermometer read 90 degrees.  What a perfect day for the opening day of the Northville Farmer's Market.  It is on my list of favorite things to do.  It was so much fun to mingle with other market-goers and take in all the beautiful flowers and soak up the colors that have been missing all this long winter and spring.  I only bought herbs; as it is too early to buy flowers; although some people were doing just that.  Our weather is too fickle to take a chance of frost nipping at the poor plants.  So I left all the beauty until another week.  I picked up a pot of pansies to bring to Chicago with us this weekend.  My most favorite spring flower is in so many bright colors this year; they are hard to resist.  Since they get all leggy and kind of sad looking in the heat, it's best to enjoy them now.  And, now, I have many more weeks to go to the market.

2 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Eye candy! Warms the cockels of my heart!
What exactly is a cockel?

Kathy said...

So jealous. A cockel is a kind of shell. but not sure as it applies to one's heart??