Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So....How's it Going?

It's kind of hard getting used to a new blog, especially one that is by invitation only.  I would rather have an open one, but for the time being this will do.  Let me know if you have any trouble getting on it.
I have been wondering if anyone besides me scrapbooks anymore.  Then I got an email from my friend Trenda who would like to go to Scrappy Chic some night when they have a crop night.  Even though I have a dedicated scrapbook room at home, I would love to go some night with her.  They have redone the whole place with a huge open scrapbooking room with a fireplace. It looks so bright and roomy.  I told Trenda I would love to go sometime after we get back from Florida.  I have been thinking of easy ways to get more scrapbooking done by making easy layouts and not spending so much time on them; otherwise I will never get done in my lifetime.  I am now finishing Amelia's baby book; she is the last of 7 that I need to finish.  All their books are the smaller ones and they go from birth to age one. I try to do a few pages once a day; it doesn't always work out, but it's a good goal to have.  The kids love looking at their book. 
Another way to facilitate completeing more books is not too use too many pictures-I need to part with some of them-so hard for me to do. 
I also have several books started, I need to finish them one at a time before I start a new one.  Ah....still a passion of mine even though I am running out of ideas for layouts.  It's time to start copying some from older books.
 I have also made some "books" from shutterfly using pictures that I have downloaded there.  They even make the book for you if you want and you just make minor changes.  
I have learned to use pictures to make greeting cards and cards for the kids using photos of them; this is another way or preserving pictures.  I also made a few calendars for some of the kids this year-plan to do more next year.  
These are just some ideas on how to get a handle on the many pictures that I take.  Putting pictures on the blog has been a big asset also. 
Now excuse me while I do some scrapbooking, which by the way, the word "scrapbooking" is not a proper word in spell check; it is not recognized as a word.  Maybe some day. 





Baby Amelia at three and five months
                              

5 comments:

trenda610 said...

Well, I actually haven't scrapbooked in 2 years! Uggh, but I want to and think the only way I'll actually do is to book a night out:) So, enjoy Florida and we'll get together when you get back!

Kathy said...

I wish I would get back into it.

Karen said...

ok...I feel left out...maybe by then I'll have the resources and brain power to join you :)

Karen said...

And I like your new "stress free" blog :) keep it up - don't cave!

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I love scrapbooking, I just don't make the time for it! I always do better at the set aside times too. I think I am in 2004!