Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jammy Girl

Small group? Jammys?  Some people make you feel so at home in their house.  When I asked Kelly if I could wear my jammys to small group at their house, she said yes.  I am not sure if she thought at the time that I was serious.  When I showed up in my jammys she said "you did wear them." And that was that.  Okay Dottie, wipe the shock off your face.  You might remember that at Christmas Kelly and Honey said we could wear our pjs to their house and so I did, and was happy to see they had theirs on too.
Donaldo said I could wear them last night so I did and I was so comfy and cozy especially sitting by the fireplace. These aren't any old pjs; these are my NEW Cuddle Dud brand.  They are thick, soft and not worn looking.  The tops is like a t-shirt; it even has pockets on it.  I have to admit, I felt a little funny when I walked in, but this group is easy peasy.
What is it about jammys?  Comfort, cozy, and elastic, and warm; I have them on winter or summer when I am home. This requires a variety of jammys; it is a whole other wardrobe.  My favorite are the capri jammy bottoms worn with a t-shirt.  That is my spring, summer and fall favorite.
Thankfully, Kelly is a jammy girl too; it was nice to come home last night, watch a little tv and then go to bed....in my jammys.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Jammy's are the new, old nightgowns. ha or those thingies that women used to wear with the snaps down the front.

Dottie said...

Marlene, I am smiling. Whatever makes you comfortable but don't get so comfortable that you cannot pay attention to the message. I, myself, would not wear jammies, I think your insight was right on; I am really not a jammy girl except at bedtime but I am discovering that many people are jammy people as soon as they arrive home and are "in" for the night. I am glad that you wore you "going out in public jammies". I see people in the grocery store wearing jammies, now that is a bit too far!

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Tatering up is one of my very FAVORITE things!!! If I am in for the night, I tater.
Comfort rules.