Friday, January 27, 2012

Journal

I read today's devotion in Sarah Young's book "Jesus calling:  Seeking Peace in His Presence."  I had to journal it; so I got my notebook and colored pencils and drew the visual that she so wonderfully painted in words. 
"Trust is a golden pathway to heaven.  When you walk on this path, you live above your circumstances.  My glorious Light shines more brightly on those who follow this path of Life.  Dare to walk on the high road with Me, for it is the most direct route to heaven.  The low road is circuitous:  twisting and turning in agonizing knots.  There the air hangs heavy, and dark, ominous clouds predominate.  Relying on your own understand will weigh you down.  Trust in Me absolutely, and I will make your path straight."
 
                                  

2 comments:

Karen said...

very nice. can you make me one so i can hang it on my fridge. good reminder when the air is hanging heavy. And by the way - the section I read to you the other day was FEB. 26th - I was accidently reading a month ahead. But now you have it to look forward to!

Carol said...

This is great! I love this and I'm loving Sarah Young. I was also reading exactly this idea in the book "One Thousand Gifts" last night. Trusting in God is the key. Trust. It's so hard not to rely on myself and what I can see. And yet sometimes things are so dark I am left with 2 choices---sink or swim. So in my mind, there's no other choice than to trust.