Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What A Fun Day

I must admit, I just love birthdays; especially my own. Lol.  Donaldo took me out for breakfast which was a treat for him also.  I got lots of birthday wishes on facebook from family and friends.  I got calls from all my kids and one of my siblings and a text from another one.  And my dear dad gave me a call because he wrote the date on the calendar.  
Donaldo gave me a beautiful card and we are going out sometime this week to replace my wedding ring because the diamond fell out in a pool in St. Louis and we never found it.  
In the afternoon, Karen and Riley and I went to one of those pottery places where you paint the pottery and they fire it and you pick it up in a week.  It was harder than I thought and because I am a perfectionist, (okay, I am working on that) I am worried how it will turn out.  I had picked out a vegetable bowl with handles and I had some large areas to paint and some curvy areas to paint.  I painted it the color of my dishes at home.  I promise to put a picture of it on my blog when I pick it up.  
We finished the day at California Pizza Kitchen for dinner with Karen and Raymond and kids.  I had my favorite dessert, tiramisu.  I am not sure on the spelling of that one.  Brady and Riley couldn't wait for me to open their presents. Brady made his (so cute) and Riley had to tell me SHE picked out mine.  
It was a great birthday.  Aren't birthdays fun?  I loved all the cards too even the Medicare card.  

4 comments:

Dottie said...

Marlene,just something to investigate regarding a new ring. Try the LeVian rings they are sold at Jared's in Novi. They are guaranteed forever. Ten years ago Mike bought me that beautiful channel ruby ring that I wear and it has needed a repair about 8 years ago and 2 years ago a channel ruby was marred. LeVian in New York repaired the ring both times in a timely fashion and FREE. I have been looking at the LeVian chocolate diamond for a couple of years, BEAUTIFUL, still looking.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

So glad you had a good day!!! Happy Birthday, again!

Kristen said...

As always, your gift is coming- like to give in person! ;-)

Kathy said...

Sounds like a great day!!