Thursday, July 4, 2013

Another Fourth

You can see, I am still spotty with my blogs; they come here and there, at odd times.  We are celebrating the Fourth today with Karen and family and have some chicken skewers for the Barbe.  We have some veggies and pineapple for Donaldo to grill also.  
The firecrackers have been really loud this year.  I finally put the air conditioning on last night so I could sleep.

  
I have kept this picture in a frame for years; my mother had it up at the cottage for a long time, but I finally rescued it.  It was taken the year the cottage was finished except for the deck. We were up there for the Fourth of July.  They were playing patriotic songs on the radio and my mom and Kristen were marching around the unfinished deck to the music.  This picture reminds me how much fun my mother could be and she loved doing things with the kids.  It makes me wish we could back to those fun times.  But we create new memories and Kristen is a grown-up mom with kids the age she was in this picture.  But that is why I hold on to the pictures-such a trip down memory lane.  

2 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Love the picture and the memory!
Happy Day after the Fourth!

Kristen said...

That was my awkward hair year! Yuck! Total 80s