Sunday, July 14, 2013

Party

My mother used to say you feel older when your children get older.  Today is our first-born's 43rd birthday.  I can't believe that!  He was born one week early and cried before he was even completely into the world.  The first thing the doctor told me was that he had red hair.  The first grandchild of my parents had red hair like my dad.  My parents had six children and no one had red hair.  I had strawberry blonde and freckles so I was the closet to the red hair.  I think they were pleased to finally have a red-head in the family.  
Yesterday we went to said child's house and celebrated all the July birthdays including his.  The kids had a ball playing together on the new play set with swings and a slide and climbing ropes.  The moms (Audrey, Karen,) and I sneaked off to the sidewalk sales at Partridge Creek Mall.  Don't ask me where it is...I am not familiar with their side of town.  We had a good time and picked up some bargains.  
Then we had dinner which Kevin and Audrey cooked.  They are the best cooks around.  I would rather go to their house than to a restaurant.  I felt a little bad Kevin had to cook for his birthday, but that feeling passed quickly after eating the shish kabobs of beef, chicken and veggies.  We had corn on the cob (so sweet) and bean salad.  And then Karen made the best brownie trifle that everyone loved, even down to licking the bowl.  
Kevin is off to Paris today for work; he goes there a lot and he is even getting immune to the sights, especially since he has to work until 8:00 p.m. and deal with jet-lag.  
So, Happy Birthday to our oldest.  We are proud of you and your lovely family!
                     

2 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

WOW, 43!!!
Happy Birthday to your Boy, and you. It was a big day for Mama too!

Kristen said...

Sounds loverly! so sad to miss out.