Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Stupid Game

Well, I am hooked, I really am.  I can't stop even if I want to. It goes on and on and on; over and over again. Just new letters, different words, different people.  After awhile you forget who you are playing.  Yes, it is "Words With Friends."  The computer game like Scrabble.  You pick your friends and you play them making words or in some cases making up words to see who wins the final game.  I have lost more than I have won, but I am still learning...ha ha, wonder how long I can say that.  Capri K has talked about this game for months.  My friend Betty got me started with the help of Kristen and I haven't stopped since.  I stay up later than I like.  Every time I sit down I check "my" games.  It is all made easier by the portability of the iPhone or in my case the iPad.  You wouldn't believe the words.  I literally make up words and about 50% of them are actually words.  
Now I have heard there are "Cheat" sites that will help you make words but I don't know what they are.  I did use a Scrabble dictionary for awhile, but I found it is easier to try the words yourself.  Unlike Scrabble you can try multiple times a turn.  
The other day I swore I was going to quit playing.  I either had all vowels or all consonants; in fact, that happens a lot.  But then I scored BIG and I am hooked again.  
JA and QAT and JIVEY and DIVOTS are all words.  I have stopped looking them up in the dictionary to see what they mean.  I just want to know what they score.  Well I am off...there are games to play.

6 comments:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I tell you it's like a full time job!!!!!
I agree, it's addictive and frustrating, but oh so FUN! I think my highest word point was 120, it was excel, triple letter on x and triple word!!!!!

Unknown said...

My highest score was 72 played yesterday on my game with YOU :)

Anonymous said...

I am terrible at that game! Even with the cheats!! You have to teach me how to do that live traffic feed--now THAT'S an obsession I can get behind!

Marjorie Meinzinger said...

I have done the same thing ! I used a dictionary at first but now I just play for points. No cheats here either. I walk over some players and get trounced by others. I get crazy letter combos. Like ALL vowels or NO vowels etc. but now I am busy and I forget my games so I've lost by? Virtue? Of not playing. Not nice game etiquette on my part.

Kristen said...

Yes, it has been fun! I'm surprised Dad hasn't started to play yet! Good luck on your next turn!

Kathy said...

Sorry I got blobbed down. I will take my turn. Wait I did!