Thursday, July 11, 2013

Birthdays

July is a big month for birthdays in our family.  Yesterday we celebrated Joy Boy's four-and-a-half birthday (yes we do that in our family) and today is Amels' (as we call her) fifth birthday.  She is number six of our seven grandchildren.  She is our son's little live-wire.  We will actually be celebrating all the July birthdays this weekend.  
Amels has natural curly hair and loves most bugs and little creatures.  You never know what she will have in her hand.  When she spent the weekend here she seemed very partial to frogs.  So...when I went birthday shopping I had this frog theme going.  The birthday card doesn't say "Happy Birthday" but "I miss you" only because it was the only frog card I could find.  
I remember my fifth birthday...it is one of the first memories I have.  We were on vacation at a cottage on Gun Lake and I learned to tie my shoes.  I remember distinctly trying over and over again until I got it right. 
Meanwhile, Happy Birthday to our littlest granddaughter; Five is a big number!
Joy Boy's half birthday


Hmmm...this sand cone looks good.

I think someone is faking


1 comment:

Kathy said...

I think you need another baby "grand."!!