Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tea

Do you like tea?  Or are you a coffee drinker?  Perhaps you like both as I do.  Because of my allergy to coffee, I don't drink much of it, so I have become a connoisseur of tea.  I like all kinds of tea; black, green, flavored, and I always have a "new" tea that I like.  I get tea catalogs and tea emails.  First thing in the morning I like hot tea.  My new favorite is Twinings English Afternoon Tea.  How much sense does that make; afternoon tea in the morning?  But it is just the right strength; not too strong or not too weak.  Also, you can't go wrong with Twinings. I like their English Morning Breakfast Tea also. 
In the summer the only time I like hot tea is in the morning with a piece of toast.  After that I put it on ice; plain or with a lemon.  
In restaurants, I like to order an "Arnold Palmer" which is black tea with lemonade.  Sometimes they put too much lemonade in it. I like 3/4 tea to 1/4 lemonade and I will ask for it like that.  
If I buy a jug of tea it is Trader Joe's Unsweetened Green and White Tea with Mint. The chef likes that too even though he is the undisputed coffee drinker in the house. 
I also like iced Tazo green tea at Starbucks; sometimes with lemonade in it.  The lemonade all depends on the diet that I am on. Lol.   
If I make sun tea, I put five or six tea bags in a big jug; add some Stevia leaves that I grow and a few mint leaves along with lemon balm leaves. And I steep it in the sun for a couple of hours.  
In the winter, I like the spicier teas like chai tea; but not too sweet. I like Cinnamon tea also in the winter.  Sometimes I will take a strong tea like Scottish Breakfast Tea and put milk or cream in it.  
I get catalogs and email from "Republic of Tea" (served at Panera), Teavana and a few others.  I was in a Teavana store at Partridge Creek Mall on Saturday and boy were they are HARD SELL.  For that reason I didn't buy anything and decided I could order it on the internet if I REALLY wanted it.  
What about you?  Do you have a relationship with tea?  Just come and check out my stash.  

3 comments:

Kathy said...

You are the tea expert. My Stevia seeds got drown......... :( No Stevia plant for me. I need to go buy a plant.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I do like tea, but you are far more knowledgeable than I. DaVinci sugarfree chai in the morning starts my day off right. I drink much more tea in the winter, although the Girls have decided they like iced tea so it has been in the fridge a lot this summer. That Lipton cold brew works well for us.

Mousey bought some half and half big tea bags that taste like an Arnold Palmer, you would probably like them, they are a little more tea than lemon.

Kristen said...

Mmm Tea...! Mmm coffee...! Mmm iced tea...iced coffee...! Mmm chai tea...!